We are currently seeking a Refurbishment Business Manager based at our production facility for park homes and luxury lodges in Brandon, Suffolk.
Reporting to: Customer & Commercial Director
Hours of Work: The basic contract will be for 40 hours per week; however your hours would be best described as those necessary to fulfil the duties and the responsibilities that the job demands.
Place of Work: This position is based at our Brandon office but involves regular travel across the UK to carry out technical surveys and installation inspections which will involve occasional overnight stays.
Main Purpose of Job: To manage the day to day operations whilst developing strategic plans for optimised productivity. To seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships. To lead and support the Refurbishment team across Field Engineers and administration teams.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop strategic plans for optimised productivity.
- Deliver against financial forecasts.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help the team strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals.
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve OTIF, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time.
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
- Delegate responsibilities to the employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
- Managing customer enquiries and quotations received via telephone, website and e-mail, ensuring all customer queries are handled promptly.
- Managing work schedules to optimise resource ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and to the correct quality and standard.
- Managing and motivating installation teams working around the UK.
- Provide accurate site surveys for material orders and additional works and produce job specific detailed work instructions.
- Ensuring compliance to EH&S procedures, including producing job specific risk assessments.
- Ensure you have first-hand knowledge of each installation project.
- Ensuring customer payments are received on time.
- Managing maintenance of tooling and vehicles.
- Checking and authorising working hours for payroll.
- Self-starter, resilient, focused and a real achiever for results
- Engaging leader- able to communicate at all levels with exceptional people-focus
- Strong decision-making capabilities and willing to challenge the status quo to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Ability to work well as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
- A proven track record in the ability to develop and maintain financial plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
- Evidence of well developed leadership skills
- Working knowledge of human resources processes.
- IT adept with excellent knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Business to business and business to customer relationship management
- Experience in a manufacturing or construction setting preferred