We are currently seeking a Planner / Buyer to be based at our production facility for park homes and luxury lodges in Brandon, Suffolk.
JOB TITLE: Planner / Buyer
HOURS OF WORK: The basic contract will be for 37.5 hours 8.30 a.m – 5.00 p.m Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch break (some flexibility available). However, your hours would be best described as those necessary to fulfil the duties and the responsibilities that the job demands.
PLACE OF WORK: Brandon, Suffolk.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create Works Orders and BOM’s from technical data provided.
- Create & maintain SAGE system static data for use in the planning and buying processes.
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels on assigned items and advise on excess or obsolete inventory
- Create and place purchase orders for floor controlled inventory via requisition
- Create and place planned orders from MRP output in a timely fashion
- Manage & expedite Purchase Orders in commodity/Vendor Group
- Manage and take day-to-day ownership of assigned Suppliers.
- Help maintain approved suppliers database logging failures, performance etc.
- Identify and inform operational management & Accounts of potential risks to supply
- As a member of the supply chain team, you may on occasions, be asked to assist on a variety of projects unrelated to your primary work
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Preferably to have some supervisory experience.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills in order to balance the differing demands of all elements of the roll.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to adapt well to changing priorities.
- Mature, pragmatic approach with a good sense of humour.
- Comfortable with both volume and variety – keep it simple approach.
- Experience working with SAGE or similar ERP or MRP system.
- Experience in the creation of WO’s, BOM’s of placing, chasing and managing purchase orders and suppliers.
- Good level of skill with MS Office products.