We are currently looking for a determined and enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineer to review, modify, and optimise our current production methods and processes to assist the business in meeting its growth expectation.
With 7 production lines across two factories, supported by offline pre-production manufacturing, this is an exciting opportunity to be integral in optimising our manufacturing processes for the future.
HOURS OF WORK: The basic contract will be for 40 hours per week, but should be best described as those required to fulfil the role.
PLACE OF WORK: The job will be based at one of our 2 manufacturing sites, Brandon, Suffolk, or Hull, East Yorkshire.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES:
- Assist production in the development of process flow, manufacturing layouts, SOP’s process optimisation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Define and develop work instructions for new and existing processes to ensure standardisation across all areas of production and across its manufacturing sites.
- Review production metrics to identify key areas for cost saving and to lead cross-functional teams to define and implement improvements, applying industry standard problem solving and waste reduction methodologies.
- Implement process controls and manufacturing systems to improve production performance.
- Work closely with NPD and procurement teams to identify design and material benefits.
- A relevant qualification or track record within Manufacturing, Process or Production Engineering
- Awareness of production processes within a manufacturing environment (construction and timber frame building knowledge and experience would be advantageous)
- Ability to critically appraise current production processes to be able to implement improvements within manufacturing to increase flow.
- Good knowledge of problem solving techniques, 8D, 5Y, Six Sigma and Root Cause within a manufacturing environment.
- A sound understanding of process improvement and lean principles / techniques within manufacturing.